What is the business visa you can help overseas entrepreneurs get?

It is called the E2 visa, ask us about it!

What are the minimum requirements?

You need to invest about $100,000 in a new or existing business that employs at least 2 US residents in some sort of office/warehouse/store front. Minimum 50% ownership of the business. You have to prove you have the ability to run a business and a completely passive business is not acceptable.

Do you know a trustworthy lawyer to help me with the process?

Yes! And if we recommend you to him, you will get a free consultation!

Do you have examples of franchises who will work with people looking for E2 visas?

We work with hundreds of franchises that happily work with E2 visa candidates so we can find the right one for you! The lawyer we partner with has recently worked with OfficePride, Handyman Matters, Best in Class children’s education, Tutor Doctor, Paradis Danish ice cream, and Flying Locksmith. If you don’t like those, we guarantee we will find one you do like, don’t let this limit you!

Who is this lawyer you work with?

His name is Bobby Chung, and he is amazing. He has 108 reviews and they are all 5 stars! See for yourself: https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/91776-ca-bobby-chung-226820/reviews.html

This is his website: http://e2visalawyer.net/ If you email Bobby, let him know you got his information from us, and he will give you a free consultation!

Who can accompany the business with an E2 visa?

The spouse and children under the age of 21 can all come! They all can work and go to school while here.

Who qualifies for this visa?

Only E2 Treaty Nations. The full list of eligible nations can be seen here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/fees/treaty.html

How long does it last?
  1. Usually 2-5 year increments, depending on the treaty between your country and the United States. This visa renews indefinitely as long as the business continues. 

What is the E-2 visa timeline?

Remember, through all of this the franchisor’s team, Bobby, and I will be guiding you through the process. First, you apply to the U.S. Embassy in your home country- it will usually require a visa interview and 1-3 months of processing. Then you come to America to meet the franchisor in person, sign all the paperwork and get the business going.

While in America you apply for a change of visa status and you don’t need to leave! In fact, no interview is necessary. Once you submit your application, it will take about 3 months to process but expedited processing is available. There is no travel authorization. For more details see this one page PDF document: (The PDF is in the google drive under E-2 visa).

Are there other visas available?

Yes! The EB-5 investment green card is available. There is a minimum of $1.8 million investment in a commercial enterprise in the U.S. This amount may be reduced to $900k if the business is located in a high unemployment area or rural area. It must create at least 10 full time jobs for U.S. workers within 2 years through direct employment. 

There is also the L-1 Visa. It is for a manager of a foreign company that has established a subsidiary in the U.S. All questions about the L-1 visa should be directed to Bobby Chung.

Ask A Question

Pay for your franchise while paying yourself.

Franchise ownership is more accessible than you think.